Chimney to Eaves
- Assure that all chimneys are properly screened with 1/2 inch wire mesh.
- Install fire resistant roof material with at least a Class A roof assembly.
- Maintain Roof free of all pine needles and leaves.
- Check roof vents to assure openings are screened with 1/8 inch wire mesh.
- Rain Gutters should be constructed of material shall have a minimum flame spread classification of 0-25 (Class 1) as determined by the 2007 California Building Code Standard 8-1.
- Install metallic cover over rain gutters or maintain rain gutters free of pine needles and leaves.
- Remove dead branches from trees that overhang the structure.